RE: Circular imports? (newbie)

From: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 14:36:30 +0100
To: "'Gary Maltzen'" <xml-schema@mwwm.net>, "'XMLSchema-Dev'" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

> Although XMLSchema spec section 4.2.2 clearly states that it
> is invalid
> to import into a namespace a schema from the same namespace,
> it is not
> clearly spelled out that (whether?) it holds for descendant imports.

yes, it is allowed. You must import a namespace if you refer to any
components in that namespace, and it's certainly allowed for A to reference
components in B while B refers to components in A.

I find xsl:import easier to understand if you think of it as importing a
namespace rather than importing a schema [document].

Michael Kay