Circular imports? (newbie)

From: Gary Maltzen <xml-schema@mwwm.net>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 15:48:03 -0500
To: XMLSchema-Dev <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

Although XMLSchema spec section 4.2.2 clearly states that it is invalid
to import into a namespace a schema from the same namespace, it is not
clearly spelled out that (whether?) it holds for descendant imports.

In particular we are trying to understand a schema presented us where a
schema (A:parent) from namespace A imports a schema (B:child) from
namespace B which, in turn, imports a schema (A:generation) from
namespace A. It appears to me that these schema should not validate.

Reviewing the archives I see questions about circularity of schema but
not quite this issue.

(Please reply ONLY to list)