Re: Facets

From: Bryce K. Nielsen <bryce@sysonyx.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 22:42:03 -0700
To: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

> This method only works if I had previous knowledge of the enumerated
values.
> In my case users create their own set of Types (not a subset of
acceptable
> values by my schema, but literally using their own naming conventions).
For
> instance, depending on the hardware under test, the user will compose a
> totally different measurement Types.

Ah. Well, W3C XML Schemas don't inhierently support this "dynamic" schema
contruction. You will probably need to use a stylesheet to validate, or
perhaps schematron.

Bryce K. Nielsen
SysOnyx, Inc. (www.sysonyx.com)
Read the origins of xmlDraft, the Smart XSD Editor:
http://www.sysonyx.com/xml-schema-editor