Namespaces in Attribute Value..

From: Ashok <ashoksrini@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 12:57:38 -0700 (PDT)
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Hi..

I want to know how to validate instance documents that
has an attribute, and the value of the attribute is of
form "prefix:value".

To explain more clearly...

I have an instance document:

<Documents
   xmlns:dd="http://test.uri.org"

xmlns:xsi=http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
   xsi:schemaLocation="http://test.uri.org
                       c:/document.xsd">

   <document doctype="dd:PurchaseOrder"/>

</Documents>

How can I validate this document, such that the schema
validator checks that value of doctype attribute,
"PurchaseOrder" exists in namespace "dd" defined in
"document.xsd" file? Do I have to define 'doctype'
attribute differently in the schema?

This is similar to how we define type attribute in
standard XML schema:
<xsd:element name="Catalog" type="xsd:string">

Any pointers?

Thanks