Namespaces in Attribute Value..

From: Ashok <ashoksrini@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 12:57:38 -0700 (PDT)
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

I want to know how to validate instance documents that
has an attribute, and the value of the attribute is of
form "prefix:value".

To explain more clearly...

I have an instance document:

   <document doctype="dd:PurchaseOrder"/>

How can I validate this document, such that the schema
validator checks that value of doctype attribute,
"PurchaseOrder" exists in namespace "dd" defined in
"document.xsd" file? Do I have to define 'doctype'
attribute differently in the schema?

This is similar to how we define type attribute in
standard XML schema:
<xsd:element name="Catalog" type="xsd:string">

Any pointers?

Do you Yahoo!?