simple attribute question

From: Rob Harrington <robot252@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:25:21 -0700 (PDT)
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Newbie here.  Apologies in advance if this isn't the
correct forum - if so please advise where I can take
this question.

In my schema definition, I simply want to express this
xml:

<item sometext="attributeText">9899</item>

where 9899 is a positive integer.

in the schema, it seems I can't declare this
structure, the best I can get to is something like
this:

<item sometext="attributeText">
  <someIdTagIDontWant>9899</someIdTagIDontWant>
</item>

Here's what would get me that:

<complexType name=itemType>
  <sequence>
    <element name=someIdTagIDontWant
type=type="xs:long"/>
  </sequence>
  <attribute name="sometext" type="xsd:string"/>
</complexType>

<element name="item" type="itemType"/>

Is this correct, or have I not dug deep enough?  I
really don't want the someIdTagIDontWant.

Thanks.