Validating document with schema

From: Svend Bent Nielsen <jawsoap@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 12:00:33 +0000
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Hello all,

I tried another approach on converting DTD to Schema, using a DTD2XS
generator. My thought was that by looking at this generated schema, I could
change it to something more like what I want.

Problem is (and I am new to this) that when I tried it out on IE 6.1, it
seemed to work, but when I changed the name of the schema in the xml file,
it still semed to work.

I do not know if I have made something wrong in the declaration of the
schema, or if IE does not support schema validation.

The xml files are several megabytes in size, so I can't use the online
validators.
I am using Visual Studio 2003, which seems to have some validation tools
(buttons), but they are all "greyed out" even though I am working with an
xml file or an xsd file.

My schema file is named Test.xsd

And this is the declaration in the xml file:
<Root ID="8423" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
	xsi:noNamespaceShemaLocation="Tests.xsd">

So, my questions are:
a) Is there something wrong with the above declaration?
b) Are there some validators that are downloadable?
c) How can I get Visual Studio to validate my documents?

Sincerely,
Svend Bent Nielsen

Få alle de nye og sjove ikoner med MSN Messenger http://messenger.msn.dk