Re: Extension and all-group

"Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com> writes:

> I know this rule exists but for the life of me can't find what parts
> of the REC spell it out. Can you give me a hand and provide a link
> or excerpt from the REC to back this up. We constantly get questions
> about this from our users and I'd like to point them to the REC to
> confirm my answers.

It's Schema Component Constraint: All Group Limited [1]:

  When a model group has {compositor} all all of the following must be
  true:
   1 one of the following must be true:
     1.1 It appears as the model group of a model group definition.
     1.2 It appears in a particle with {min occurs}={max occurs}=1,
         and that particle must be part of a pair which constitutes the
         {content type} of a complex type definition.
   2 The {max occurs} of all the particles in the {particles} of the
     group must be 0 or 1.

This is not as clear as it might be, and has been re-worded in a
forthcoming erratum, but the substance is unchanged.

Note this is a _component_ constraint, which is why the _component_
corresponding to the original example is broken, since it consists of
two 'all' groups in a sequence.

ht

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#cos-all-limited
                      Half-time member of W3C Team