RE: Extension and all-group

I know this rule exists but for the life of me can't find what parts of the REC spell it out. Can you give me a hand and provide a link or excerpt from the REC to back this up. We constantly get questions about this from our users and I'd like to point them to the REC to confirm my answers.

 -----Original Message-----
 From: Henry S. Thompson [mailto:ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk]
 Sent: Fri 1/31/2003 2:56 AM
 To: Oleg Tkachenko
 Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
 Subject: Re: Extension and all-group

 Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@multiconn.com> writes:

 > Hello!
 >
 > This question was raised at news:microsoft.public.dotnet.xml newsgroup
 > -
 >
 > is the following schema valid? .NET gives errors, while XML Spy and
 > W3C validator say okay.

 The schema is not valid.  The derived type violates the requirement
 that the only place an 'all' group can appear is all alone as the only
 group in a type.  XSV should check for this, but doesn't [1]:

  "<all> groups are [not] properly constrained as to how they appear in schemas"

 ht

 [1] http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/~ht/xsv-status.html
                       Half-time member of W3C Team