Re: Extension and all-group

From: Krautbauer, Bruce <bruce.krautbauer@medtronic.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 16:57:51 -0600
To: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

Hi, I'm the one that started this question on microsoft.public.dotnet.xml.  I appreciate Oleg posting it over for me and after reading the responses I'm confident this is a bad schema.  I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion on how to go about specifying this sort of structure properly.  What we want is a base type that consists of elements, none or any of which that can be specified in any order, and a type derived from the base type that adds elements, which must be specified but can appear in any order.  If this is beyond XML Schema does anyone have any ideas for an alternative approach I can present to the team that would accomplish something close?

TIA,
Bruce