Re: restricting elements with anonymous types within named model groups

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 01 Feb 2003 19:44:38 +0000
To: "Priscilla Walmsley" <priscilla@walmsley.com>
Cc: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

You're right, it's invalid, or at least the REC gives processors which
label it invalid a good reason to do so.  We actually changed the
sForS a while ago to avoid doing just this.

There's no doubt it's at best misleading for this to be invalid, since
the two anonymous type defns involved clearly _could not_ be
different, but until we change the definition of valid restriction
significantly, as we have a requirement to do for 1.1, we're stuck.

                      Half-time member of W3C Team