Re: Question about uniqueness

From: Eddie Robertsson <erobertsson@allette.com.au>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 18:58:00 +1000
To: Eric Jain <Eric.Jain@isb-sib.ch>
CC: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

>>Hmm, I just tested this with the following instance and schema
>>(basically the same as you with the element declaration filled in)
>>

>Hey, you removed the default namespace from my schema... if you add it back,
>duplicates are detected.

Oops, sorry about that.
Actually, XML Spy is the only one that now picks up on the duplicate
key. MSXML and XSV are still silent (which I think is correct)

>But default namespaces shouldn't apply to XPath
>expressions, or should they?

No. Not unless W3C XML Schema changes this behaviour somehow but I'm
fairly certain that's not the case. Does anyone else have any comments
on this?

Cheers,
/Eddie