Re: view xml-schema with svg

From: <AndrewWatt2000@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 16:12:15 EDT
To: czadra@bluewin.ch, xmlschema-dev@w3.org
In a message dated 21/10/2002 20:58:54 GMT Daylight Time, czadra@bluewin.ch
writes:

> I also had the idea to develope a tool that generates a svg file with
> the structure, but I'm not sure if SVG is the right format. Is there
> anything similar in progress?
>
> Many thanks in advance.

Cyrill,

In my opinion SVG would be a reasonable choice. The ability to pan, zoom and
scale SVG documents allows a great deal of flexibility in presentation and
navigation.

I know that Danny Ayers, one of my co-authors for SVG Unleashed,
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0672324296/ref%3DNOSIM/edititwriteco-20

/102-3620759-9518510,
has done some broadly similar exploratory work with SVG and Java. I don't
think he has done anything specifically with schema documents but you might
want to contact him to discuss what he has done and the relevant issues he
found: danny@isacat.net

I hope that helps.

Andrew Watt