Re: ctA029.xsd (test case)

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 15 Mar 2002 09:30:18 +0000
To: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
Cc: "Stanley Guan" <stanley.guan@oracle.com>, "Schema XML" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
"Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com> writes:

> >From reading the information on ID information items[0] in the XML
> Schema Structures recommendation it does look like uniqueness is
> supposed to apply to all IDs in the entire schema after validation
> (which includes imported/included schemas).
> [0] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#e-ii_table

Sorry, I don't see how you're getting that.  A schema document is
validated by a schema (the schema for schemas) in the normal way.  The
xs:ID type is as close a reconstruction of the ID type in XML 1.0 as
possible, and it applies to individual documents.  I don't see
anything at the place you reference that suggests ID uniqueness is
applied to schemas, as opposed to schema documents.