RE: Original Choice (was RE: Choice)

The third to sixth lines of the document you quote from are

	<!--  Note this schema is NOT the normative structures schema.
-->
	<!--  The prose copy in the structures REC is the normative
-->
      <!--  version (which shouldn't differ from this one except for -->

      <!--  this comment and entity expansions, but just in case     -->

Experience has thought me to ignore non-normative references as credible
sources of information especially with regards to the XML Schema
recommendation. However, I have not investigated this specific incidence
and will defer specific comments until later.

> To me the ambigous piece of using a choice how to interpret
> the occurs attributes on the choice compositor in conjunction
> with the occurs attributes on the particles within the
> choice, especially when they are in conflict.
>
> For example, how do I interpret this:
> 			<xs:choice minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1">
> 				<xs:element name="choice1" minOccurs="0"
> maxOccurs="1"/>
> 				<xs:element name="choice2" minOccurs="0"
> maxOccurs="1"/>
> 			</xs:choice>
> -or this one:
> 			<xs:choice minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">
> 				<xs:element name="choice1" minOccurs="1"
> maxOccurs="1"/>
> 				<xs:element name="choice2" minOccurs="1"
> maxOccurs="1"/>
> 			</xs:choice>

The rules for determining this are specified in the XML Schema
Structures recommendation in the section entitled "Schema Component
Constraint: Effective Total Range (choice)" at

http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xmlschema-1-20010502/#cos-choice-range

--
THINGS TO DO IF I BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD #5
The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the