Q: Multilingual schemas?

From: Christian Lieske <christian_lieske@yahoo.de>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 10:23:26 +0100 (CET)
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Hi all,

I am tackling an XSD related problem and thought I
might dare to approach the list with a question
since general Web search and browsing of the list did
not yield anything helpful ...

To be precise, I am writing an XML Schema Definition
which amongst others contains statements such as

<xsd:enumeration value="error message">

When I now for example wnat to generate a GUI from a
schema like this, I end up with the question

How can I for example provide a German version along
the lines of

<xsd:enumeration value="Fehlermeldung">

Would sth. like

<xsd:enumeration xml:lang="en" value="error message">
<xsd:enumeration xml:lang="de" value="Fehlermeldung">

be the right approach (I already heard some arguments
along the lines of 'don't mix languages' against it)?

Any hints, ideas, or recommendations?

Thanks in advance,
Christian Lieske

Weihnachts-Einkäufe ohne Stress! http://shopping.yahoo.de