Q: Catching entity references by XSD construct?

From: Christian Lieske <christian_lieske@yahoo.de>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 10:08:46 +0100 (CET)
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Hi all,

I am tackling an XSD related problem and thought I
might dare to approach the list with a question
since general Web search and browsing of the list did
not yield anything helpful ...

I am currently contemplating about entities in
instance documents which should be valid against an
XSD schema I am developing.

To be precise, we have discovered a need to ensure
that
our application never sees entitry references.
Something like

<a>&ref;</a>

would be an example for this type of unwanted input to
the application.

From my understanding, a validating XSD parser
somewhat is of help since it may catch references to
undefined entities. However, I would appreciate a
declarative means of saying

sth. like &ref; is not allowed in element a

Best regards,
Christian Lieske

Weihnachts-Einkäufe ohne Stress! http://shopping.yahoo.de