W3C XML Schema processing architecture

From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 11:14:14 +0200
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Hi,

The W3C XML Schema recommendation seems to consider that it's out of its
scope to define the processing architecture around a schema such as the
usage of a schema by a validating parser and I was wondering where this
was defined|discussed.

For instance, one could imagine that a validating parser could pass to
the applications the canonical form of the values read in a document.

This would make a huge difference for the applications (probably much
more appreciated by "data oriented applications" than by "document
oriented applications").

I have (briefly I must admit) gone though DOM Level 3 "Load and Save"
[1] and I haven't seen what I was looking for.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-DOM-Level-3-ASLS-20010607/load-save.html

I wonder, though, if it's not something which should be discussed beyond
the scope of a specific parsing API.

Thanks for your thoughts (and pointers).

Eric
--
Rendez-vous  Paris pour le Forum XML.
                    http://www.technoforum.fr/Pages/forumXML01/index.html