Schema being imported multiple times

From: Nguyen, Thang <nguyet3@anz.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 03:52:38 -0400 (EDT)
To: "'xmlschema-dev@w3.org'" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me out regarding validating xml files
with
schema files that has multiple imports.

This is what I have:

Schema1.xsd
Schema2.xsd
Common.xsd

Schema1.xsd  imports Common.xsd

Schema2.xsd imports both Common.xsd and Schema1.xsd

I'm using MSXML4.dll (Visual Basic 6) and schema validation.  When I create
Schema1.xml and validate it with VB, it's fine but when I create Schema2.xml
and validate, it comes up with an error   "  The '{urn:Common}
RevisionNumber' element has already been declared"
(but the validation is successful withing XML Spy)

This is because Common.xsd is being pulled into the SchemaCache twice (once
from Schema2.xsd and once from Schema1.xsd).

is there a way to work around this error?

Thanks