using xml schemas

From: Ian Rogers <ian.rogers@net800.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 12:04:44 +0100
To: "Xml Schema" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

this is my first post to this list and i am new to using schemas

i am trying to validate my xml against a schema. I have used a tool which
validates my xml and have found  that my xml is valid.  the trouble i am
having is loading in the schema to the xml file so it validates the xml when
it runs

this is my schema code
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">

<xsd:element name="transactions">

and my xml code
<?xml version="1.0" ?>

i have tried using namespaces but with the same result.what happens is it
just displays the xml file to the browser instead of the result of the

I am using MXSML4 and using IE6 running on the client side

can anyone see what i am doing wrong or give me any information on
validating a xml socument against a schema when it is run.

I don't think think that i really need namespaces, but to be honest i am not
100% on namespaces and not sure really if i need to use them, or why and how
to use them

If anyone could give me any information then i would be very grateful indeed