Xerces 1.1.1 doesn't support facet constraints???

From: Lindsey McNerney <lindzer1@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 08:26:20 -0700 (PDT)
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
I'm using Apache's xerces 1.1.1 parser to validate an
XML document against an XML Schema.  Apache's
documentation states that this release supports
constraining facets for datatypes.  So far I have not
been able to get such facets to validate.  Has anyone
else encountered this problem?  I defined an element
with the following constraint...

<element name="StoreLocation">
    <simpleType base="string">
      <enumeration value="USA"/>
      <enumeration value="Europe"/>
    </simpleType>
</element>

However, in my sample XML document I can enter any
value for StoreLocation and it will validate.

I am using the SAXCount parser, are there any specific
parser configurations I need to be aware of.  I even
tried altering the sample XML document and schema that
come with the Apache download(personal-schema.xml,
personal.xsd).  The schema defins enumerated values of
true or false for the sttribute "contr", when I added
contr="maybe" to the sample XML file, it still
validated.  Any feedback would be appreciated.