Re: [Moderator Action] validating an xml without internet connection

At 08:27 2000 07 10 -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:
>We should add local catalog/caching support to XSV, ala SP's[1].

>[1]  "SYSTEM sysid1 sysid2
>     This specifies that sysid2 should be used as the effective system
>     identifier if the system identifier specified in the external
>identifier was
>     sysid1. sysid2 should always be quoted to ensure that it is not
>     misinterpreted when parsed by a system that does not support this
>     extension. "
>
>	-- SP - Catalogs
>	http://www.jclark.com/sp/catalog.htm

Wide-spread catalog support would be a good thing.

See [3] for a white paper on catalogs and pointers to freely available
Java classes that implement the full TR9401:1997 [2] catalog
resolution (and also parses John Cowan's XML Catalogs [4] too).

paul

[2] http://www.oasis-open.org/html/a401.htm
[3]
http://www.arbortext.com/Think_Tank/Norm_s_Column/Issue_Three/issue_three.html