SOM

From: Steffen Stundzig <steffen@smb-tec.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 11:17:03 +0100
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Cc: steffen@stundzig.de
Hi all,

I'm a developer on the OpenSource SchemoX project at infozone-group.
Inside SchemoX I must develop an Java object model that represents
an complete XML Schema declaration.

From my developers point of view, I love the idea to use a
standardized object model of a XML Schema as like DOM for XML.

But I can't found any standard for this at the w3c or any other
gremium.

I've found several object models in the Oracle XMLSchema Validator,
in SxDP, in XML Instance from extensiblity and now additional in
SchemoX. And I'm sure that's not all.

So all this developers must reinvent the same thing. Study the
complete XMLSchema CR, build an object oriented model and
finally implement it. Horrible.

Let's try to establish a standard for this. A object model that
represents a XML Schema. Or have I overlooked something?

Is somebody interested in it?

Best Regards
	Steffen...

Steffen Stundzig                            mailto:steffen@smb-tec.com