Re: SOAP LC Issue 232 -- changing mU default

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 16:37:07 -0400
To: Mark Jones <jones@research.att.com>
Cc: xmlp-comments@w3.org

Hi Mark.

* Mark Jones <jones@research.att.com> [2002-08-01 16:18-0400]
> The XMLP WG has decided to close this issue without any change to the default
> value of the mustUnderstand attribute.  It was felt that this change would
> be inconsistent with the current design and would cause mass confusion
> in the migration from SOAP 1.1 to SOAP 1.2.
>
> If this resolution is unacceptable, please contact the WG asap.

This is fine.

A comment though: I think that it would be useful to have some
examples in the Primer which have headers _not_ marked with
mustUnderstand="true".

FWIW, I reread my comment about the wording of the processing
model[1], and I actually think that it is OK as is.

Regards,

Hugo

  1. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xmlp-comments/2002Jul/0049.html
--