RE: XML Protocol: Proposals to address SOAPAction header

As a variation on a theme. In the case where a SOAP message passes through
multiple intermediaries, is the value carried in SOAPAction expected to be
the same for each leg of the path between original sender and ultimate
recipient or might it have to be different and if so, where does the value
come from?

Regards

Stuart