Re: I-D ACTION:draft-daigle-uri-std-00.txt

From: Simon St.Laurent <simonstl@simonstl.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 14:03:33 -0400
To: XML-uri@w3.org
At 06:44 PM 9/7/00 +0100, Graham Klyne wrote:
>What does a noun represent?
>
>This is not a facile question.  I think answers to that question may be
>illuminating.

A person, place, or thing.  Didn't you ever watch Schoolhouse Rock?

We can, of course, pontificate endlessly on the nature of people, places,
and things, if you like.

>I suggest that a URI serves the same purpose in web architecture that a
>noun serves in the architecture of most human languages.

Well, I'd categorize the usage in Namespaces in XML as more like an adjective.

Can we or should we accomodate such usage?

Simon St.Laurent
XHTML: Migrating Toward XML