Re: The 'resource' identified by a namespace name URI should be the namespace

On Fri, Jun 02, 2000 at 05:19:32PM -0400, John Cowan wrote:
> Michael Mealling wrote:
> > By sticking "data:," in front of it? Nothing about the 'data' scheme
> > makes this any different...
>
> Au contraire.  The "data:" scheme is the only one for which it is *known*
> that if two URIs are different, the resources are different too.

I can see we're never going to get anywhere with this. Your assertion
that two different URIs point to the same captial R Resource is just wrong
according to the complete definition of what URIs identify. I can't
explain it any better than I already have...

-MM

Michael Mealling	|      Vote Libertarian!       | www.rwhois.net/michael
Sr. Research Engineer   |   www.ga.lp.org/gwinnett     | ICQ#:         14198821
Network Solutions	|          www.lp.org          |  michaelm@netsol.com