Re: a clarification?

David Carlisle wrote:

> This is why I am not too concerned that using relative namespace names
> is not rdf friendly, as using uuid or similar schemes also causes
> problems for rdf's notion of sticking element names on to the end of
> namespace names and hoping to get a valid uri.

Actually, it's no problem:  "uuid:xxx-xxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxx#foo" is a valid
URI reference (not URI), so setting the namespace
name to "uuid:xxx-xxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxx#" is not a problem.

> Basically any namespace that
> is declared by xmlns:x="x" is probably of only transient interest
> anyway, and not the kind of thing one would want to set up rdf
> schema to describe.

On the "literal" interpretation, yes.  On the "absolutizing" interpretation,
it's simply a namespace that is close, in URI space, to the document in
which the reference appears (a sibling, as it were), and might be
perfectly global.

--

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>