Re: rsa/oaep

From: Jiandong Guo <jguo@phaos.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 13:12:06 -0400
To: reagle@w3.org
CC: merlin <merlin@baltimore.ie>, xml-encryption@w3.org

Joseph and Merlin,

I agree with you that we should make the DigestMethod child for RSA-OAEP and
also the
DigestMethod child for the AgreementMethod in section 5.5 required, since they
are needed
in the computation.

The text for RSA-OAEP is still not clear. I suggest the following:
----------------------
The RSAES-OAEP-ENCRYPT algorithm , as specified in RFC 2437 [ PKCS1], takes
three parameters: a MANDATORY message digest function, a mandatory mask
generation function and an OPTIONAL encoding octet string OAEPparams. The
message digest function is indicated by the Algorithm attribute of a child
ds:DigestMethod element, and  the mask generation function is always
MGF1WithSHA1, where both  are used in the EME-OAEP-ENCODE as part of
RSAES-OAEP-ENCRYPT. The encoding octet string is the base64 decoding of the
content of an optional OAEPparams child element . If no OAEPparams child is
provided, a null string is used.

Jiandong Guo
Phaos Technology
http://www.phaos.com