Re: rsa/oaep

On Wednesday 29 May 2002 01:12 pm, Jiandong Guo wrote:
> The text for RSA-OAEP is still not clear. I suggest the following:
> ----------------------
> The RSAES-OAEP-ENCRYPT algorithm , as specified in RFC 2437 [ PKCS1],
> takes three parameters: a MANDATORY message digest function, a mandatory
> mask generation function and an OPTIONAL encoding octet string
> OAEPparams. The message digest function is indicated by the Algorithm
> attribute of a child ds:DigestMethod element, and  the mask generation
> function is always MGF1WithSHA1, where both  are used in the
> EME-OAEP-ENCODE as part of RSAES-OAEP-ENCRYPT. The encoding octet string
> is the base64 decoding of the content of an optional OAEPparams child
> element . If no OAEPparams child is provided, a null string is used.

I'm generally happy with [1] (includes some tweaks) but is there a
reference for MGF1WithSHA!?

[1] The RSAES-OAEP-ENCRYPT algorithm, as specified in RFC 2437 [PKCS1],
takes three parameters. The two user specified parameters are a MANDATORY
message digest function and an OPTIONAL encoding octet string OAEPparams.
The message digest function is indicated by the Algorithm attribute of a
child ds:DigestMethod element and the mask generation function, the third
paramter, is always MGF1WithSHA1. Both the message digest and mask
generation functions are used in the EME-OAEP-ENCODE operation as part of