Re: More inter samples

From: merlin <merlin@baltimore.ie>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 21:38:34 +0000
To: reagle@w3.org
Cc: Jiandong Guo <jguo@phaos.com>, xml-encryption@w3.org

I can process all of these examples except the DH ones,
which all fail. I'm still investigating this.

Jiandong, you said that you could process my old DH
samples; does this hold true for the updated set?

Joseph, there's another set of interop samples at

You can put us down for Y across the board, with the
caveat that there appears to be a DH interop issue
and I'm not sure how much NFC impacts me.

There are two decryption transforms samples in the
referenced set; when we nail down our language I'll
produce a couple more.

Thanks, Merlin

>On Tuesday 05 March 2002 17:57, Jiandong Guo wrote:
>> Attached is a revised version of the samples sent before. I mainly
>> update the Diffie-Hellman examples to accommodate the newest changes in
>> the specification.
>Thank you! I've linked this from [1]. Would you mind sending a report then?
>(Yes and No down the column)? For most of the application and processing
>features, there's no interop, but self-reporting. But we could do interop
>on bits of the spec other than the crypto:
>1. We could interop testing on the encoding requirements. (Have a document
>in an exotic encoding with an encrypted element which is obviously in
>2. The Decryption Transform.
>And of course, I want to make sure performance is acceptable, but I don't
>have a metric. What scenarios are folks looking at, 3 encryptions in a 1Meg
>[1] http://www.w3.org/Encryption/2002/02-xenc-interop.html
>Joseph Reagle Jr.                 http://www.w3.org/People/Reagle/
>W3C Policy Analyst                mailto:reagle@w3.org
>IETF/W3C XML-Signature Co-Chair   http://www.w3.org/Signature/