Re: Status of Documents and Contributor Status'

From: merlin <merlin@baltimore.ie>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 14:48:04 +0000
To: reagle@w3.org
Cc: xml-encryption@w3.org

Minor nit in 5.5.2, DH Key Agreement; it is still not completely
clear what is the input to KM:

. The examples need to match their field ordering with the
. The field descriptions (DigestAlg/EncryptionAlg/...)
  should ideally match the ordering in the definition.
. The counter encoding needs to specify upper/lower case hex.
. The first example encodes the counter as "001", should be "01".
. Digest method is optional; what happens when none is specified?
. Should we specify operation with hmac (key length == mac output

>In preparation for publication as CRs next week, I'm working on getting all
>the documents up to date. For instance, I've removed the red diff from [1],
>updated the references, and made the tweak I suggested to Don in the last
>email (note this changes some of the section numbers). A part of these the
>final tweaks is the population of the "good standing" WG participants and
>last call thank you's. If you see any errors in the draft please let me
>know ASAP (including any questions about participation/standing).
>[1] http://www.w3.org/Encryption/2001/Drafts/xmlenc-core/Overview.html
>Joseph Reagle Jr.                 http://www.w3.org/People/Reagle/
>W3C Policy Analyst                mailto:reagle@w3.org
>IETF/W3C XML-Signature Co-Chair   http://www.w3.org/Signature/