Re: Comments on XML 1.0 5th edition

From: James Clark <jjc@jclark.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 14:53:21 +0700
To: "Liam Quin" <liam@w3.org>, xml-editor <xml-editor@w3.org>
Hi Liam,

Thanks for the reply.  I know it's a difficult situation, and you're all
trying your best to do the right thing.

> After consulting with a number of the key implementors (although
> not all), it quickly became clear that there was very limited
> support for the idea of an XML 1.2, and indeed, there was no
> willingness within XML Core to work on one.

Another possible solution is just to live with the status quo. The absence
of interest in 1.2 maybe indicates that the current situation is in practice
not as bad as you perceive.  Anyway, some more (slightly heretical) comments
here:

http://blog.jclark.com/2008/10/xml-10-5th-edition.html

James