Re: Possible changes for XML 2nd Edition

John Cowan wrote:

>This goes well beyond the goals of XML 1.0 2nd ed, which is not meant to
>change radical things like your #3.  It is simply a republication with
>the errata incorporated of XML 1.0.

So far, W3C technical publications [1] come in version numbers, part
numbers, and Levels, but not in "editions." May I suggest that what
you call the 2d edition follow the naming convention in XML 1.0, and
be titled "Extensible Markup Language (XML) 1.1" or "1.0.1," whatever
number suits the editors?

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/
--
Susan Lesch