Is that your intention?

From: Maier, Thomas; 2684 <tsm@systems.burda.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 17:17:03 +0200
To: "'xml-editor@w3.org'" <xml-editor@w3.org>
Hello Editors of the XML-Recommendation,

in productions [4] and [5], where you describe, how names are built, you use
quite strange rules (if I understand them correctly):

 * A name (after [5]) can start with '_'. And it may there be finished? So a
name as '_' can be built? Is this your intention?

 * In the same manner: A name can be ':'. Is this your intention?

 * A name (according to [5] and [4]) can start with '_' and can be continued
with zero or more occurrences of '_', so a name can be '_____'. In similar
manner a name can be '_:.-_' or some different combinations of those
characters. Is this your intention?

If this is in each case your intention, ok. Then I must adopt these quiet
unusual rules.
If this is not your intention, the production rules should be changed to
reflect your intention.

It would be nice to read an answer from you - even when I'm wrong.

With kind regards

Thomas Seb. Maier