Re: [Fwd: Toward more fully-formed options]

> I would like to put forward a fifth option that was outlined in [1] --
the No-MEP option.

Whatever the other merits of this proposal, I think it is way beyond an
erratum, as the existing HTTP binding clearly implements MEPs.
Accordingly, I think going this route would take us back through a full
CR/PR cycle, and should IMO result in a change of name to SOAP 1.3 or
maybe somethink like SOAP 1.2b or SOAP 1.2.1 if W3C naming conventions
allow.  So, I think the need to do all that is a drawback of this
approach.   The question is:  is this the right way, and by a sufficient
degree to merit that work?  I'm not personally convinced at the moment,
but I'm certainly open to convincing.  Or maybe I'm wrong and it is an
erratum, but right now it doesn't look like one to me.  BTW:  is the
proposal to rewrite SOAP to not have MEPs at all, or to have them but not
use them in our one normative binding?  I think it's an important
distinction.

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street