Re: [Fwd: Toward more fully-formed options]

noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com wrote:
>>I would like to put forward a fifth option that was outlined in [1] --
>
> the No-MEP option.
>
> Whatever the other merits of this proposal, I think it is way beyond an
> erratum, as the existing HTTP binding clearly implements MEPs.
> Accordingly, I think going this route would take us back through a full
> CR/PR cycle, and should IMO result in a change of name to SOAP 1.3 or
> maybe somethink like SOAP 1.2b or SOAP 1.2.1 if W3C naming conventions
> allow.

I did not intend to mean that this is errata work.
My understanding was that the 4 options were for the new work in our
recharter. I was addition a 5th option for the new work.

> So, I think the need to do all that is a drawback of this
> approach.   The question is:  is this the right way, and by a sufficient
> degree to merit that work?  I'm not personally convinced at the moment,
> but I'm certainly open to convincing.  Or maybe I'm wrong and it is an
> erratum, but right now it doesn't look like one to me.  BTW:  is the
> proposal to rewrite SOAP to not have MEPs at all, or to have them but not
> use them in our one normative binding?  I think it's an important
> distinction.

The proposal was to not use SOAP MEPs in our new binding work that we
have undertaken without rewriting SOAP.