Re: Issue 455 resolution text

From: Marc Hadley <Marc.Hadley@Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 09:04:32 -0500
To: noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com
Cc: xml-dist-app@w3.org
On Mar 2, 2004, at 4:45 AM, noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Issue resolution:
> "If the sender wants a representation header to survive processing at
> SOAP intermediaries (and reach the ultimate destination), it may use
> the
> SOAP role of 'http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope/role/none'. The
> document that specifies the representation header will include text
> that
> specifies what a SOAP node must do when processing the representation
> header with a role of
> 'http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope/role/none'."

This seems quite wrong to me. Special casing the use of 'none' for the
Representation header goes against the SOAP processing model - use of
'none' requests that the header block isn't processed by
intermediaries. The Representation header should follow normal SOAP
processing rules. I'm opposed to this resolution.

Marc.

---
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley at sun.com>
Web Products, Technologies and Standards, Sun Microsystems.