Issue 455 resolution text

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 04:45:15 -0500
To: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

Forwarded at the request of our chair.

--------------------------------------
Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142
1-617-693-4036
--------------------------------------

----- Forwarded by Noah Mendelsohn/Cambridge/IBM on 03/02/2004 02:55 AM
-----

                      Anish Karmarkar
                      <Anish.Karmarkar@        To:       noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com
                      oracle.com>              cc:
                                               Subject:  Issue 455 resolution text
                      03/01/2004 06:12
                      AM

Noah,

I took an action today to send resolution text for issue 455. David
suggested that I socialize the issue resolution with you before I send
it out to xmlp wg list.

Issue resolution:
"If the sender wants a representation header to survive processing at
SOAP intermediaries (and reach the ultimate destination), it may use the
SOAP role of 'http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope/role/none'. The
document that specifies the representation header will include text that
specifies what a SOAP node must do when processing the representation
header with a role of 'http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope/role/none'."

Comments?

-Anish
--

PS: while resolving this issue the WG decided to move the representation
header to a separate doc (cause it is independent of MTOM and to keep it