Re: Proposed Infoset Addendum to SOAP Messages with Attachments

From: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 21:26:28 +0600
To: "Herve Ruellan" <herve.ruellan@crf.canon.fr>, "Martin Gudgin" <mgudgin@microsoft.com>
Cc: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

The way I understood the model Gudge is right- you cannot have
an unreferenced part just in the MIME serialization because
that serialization must come from a single model which may be
serialized as SOAP 1.2 (with the base64 stuff) and the SOAP 1.2
serialization does not allow one to have unreferenced "attachments."

Sanjiva.