Re: Proposed Infoset Addendum to SOAP Messages with Attachments

From: Herve Ruellan <herve.ruellan@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 08:47:30 +0100
To: Martin Gudgin <mgudgin@microsoft.com>
CC: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>, xml-dist-app@w3.org

I think I would have a more mitagated response:

The approach by itself does not allow the equivalent of unreferenced
attachments (you may however achieve this by including an attachment in
an "unreferenced" SOAP header).

However, depending on the method used for carrying the binary, you may
include there unreferenced attachments. For exemple, if you are using
MIME to carry the binary, nothing precludes adding a MIME part not
referenced in the SOAP envelope.

Hope this helps,

Hervé.