RE: What is a SOAP Message

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 12:04:23 -0500
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org

I wrote a few minutes ago:

>> Neither, for that matter, does a typical HTTP
>> GET message (always consist of a representation),
>> though that surely conveys some bits of state
>> that represent something or other at the sender.

I realize this was very poorly worded.  A successful GET message
necessarily retrieves a representation.  What I meant to say was that the
request message itself does not, in the typical case, carry a
representation in the usual REST sense (though it no doubt carries a
representation of some information at some sending agent.)  I prefer to
reserve the word representation for that which is retrieved with a GET, or
supplied with PUT/POST.

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142