Re: AFTF requirements, pre-2003/01/31 telcon

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@datapower.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 15:54:12 -0500
To: Martin Gudgin <mgudgin@microsoft.com>
CC: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>, jones@research.att.com, xml-dist-app@w3.org

> I think that given we have spent the last 2+ years defining envelope as
> infoset and a processing model for that infoset it would behoove us to
> make sure that we can at least map whatever we come up with into that
> infoset.

I think once you try to extend the infoset beyond XML you're on risky
ground.  I think it makes much more sense to use what Noah called "the
web model" for the data, and define new Infoset attributes (like XSD
did), although hopefully in one place (see prev example :).

It should be fairly easy, s/MIME type/[mimeType] information item/ etc ...
	/r$