RE: AFTF requirements, pre-2003/01/31 telcon

From: Martin Gudgin <mgudgin@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 07:16:56 -0800
To: "Rich Salz" <rsalz@datapower.com>
Cc: "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>, <jones@research.att.com>, <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

I think that given we have spent the last 2+ years defining envelope as
infoset and a processing model for that infoset it would behoove us to
make sure that we can at least map whatever we come up with into that
infoset.

FWIW - I think a reasonable schema type for an element whose content was
an XML message with it's own DTD would be

<xs:complexType name='XMLDoc" >
  <xs:simpleContent>
    <xs:extension base='xs:base64Binary" >
      <xs:attribute name='href' type='xs:anyURI' />
      <xs:attribute name='type' type='xxx:MimeType' fixed='text/xml' />
    </xs:extension>
  </xs:simpleContent>
</xs:complexType>

where xxx:MimeType is some simple type that allows all the registered
MIME types.

Gudge