RE: AFTF requirements, pre-2003/01/31 telcon

As far as I can tell what Martin is asking for is what we might
call a "manifest".  By manifest I mean an XML representation
of the package metadata accessible by SOAP processing code.
At one point we considered this in SwA but decided that it would
be better layered separate from the package.   Conceptually the
manifest allows a software component to preprocess the message
for completeness and security independent of the message semantics
in the same way that a shipping manifest works on physical goods.
I believe that the ebXML folks had a manifest.

If this isn't what Martin meant, then hit delete now ;-)

John.

At 07:16 AM 2/3/2003 -0800, Martin Gudgin wrote:

> [...]

John J. Barton          email:  John_Barton@hpl.hp.com
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/John_Barton/index.htm
MS 1U-17  Hewlett-Packard Labs
1501 Page Mill Road              phone: (650)-236-2888
Palo Alto CA  94304-1126         FAX:   (650)-857-5100