Issue 374: use of term "part" in attachment feature document

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 14:45:53 -0700
To: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

In connection with issue 374 [0] I took an action item to provide a
clarifying sentence indicating that the term "part" in AF [1] is not
related to the term used in other contexts like WSDL and MIME.

The proposal is that we in section 3 "Terminology" [3] add a sentence so
that the definition of a Compound SOAP structure reads (last sentence is
new):

* * * * *

Compound SOAP structure

A compound SOAP structure consists of a primary SOAP message part and
zero or more related secondary parts. The use of the term "part" in this
specification is independent of its use in other specifications and
should not be assumed to be identical.

* * * * *

Comments?

Henrik Frystyk Nielsen