Re: Proposal for new last call issue: Some unprocessed headers should stay

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 11:26:09 -0400
To: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
Cc: xml-dist-app@w3.org

Graham Kline writes:

>> I agree that this is an important use-case (e.g. for
>> diagnostic tracing) and that the proposed solution
>> looks reasonable.

Good, thank you!

>> Question:  does the proposed new "relay" role apply
>> to the final recipient?  The name suggests not, but
>> the description suggests that it can.

Right. The proposal clearly says:

"We propose one new builtin role to be called:
http://www.w3.org/2002/06/soap-envelope/role/relay .  In most
respects, this role would be like any other.  Any intermediary or
ultimate receiver MAY choose to assume this role.  "

Yes, the ultimate receiver has to be able to play this role.  If the name
is for any reason misleading I'm sure the WG can stage one of its "name
the role" contests.  Thanks!

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142