RE: Proposal for dealing with root, top-level multi-refs and encodingStyle

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 15:16:08 -0700
To: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>, "Martin Gudgin" <martin.gudgin@btconnect.com>
Cc: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

I think the only need for introducing the notion of a root in the data
model is to describe that whenever you have cross-references between
serialization trees, you have a single graph. That is, I think the
example below is valid, the response is unambiguous and it is part of a
single graph along with the header block.

Henrik