RE: Proposal for dealing with root, top-level multi-refs and encodingStyle

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 15:23:37 -0700
To: "Jacek Kopecky" <jacek@systinet.com>, "Martin Gudgin" <martin.gudgin@btconnect.com>
Cc: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

I understood Gudge's proposal to say that we don't need the root
attribute so the differences seem to be small. In general, however, I
can't see how we can avoid cross-referencing without changing the
definition of "id" to only have a scope of a single serialization tree
(not that I think that is a good idea).

Henrik