New issue

From: Jean-Jacques Moreau <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 17:11:47 +0100
To: "xml-dist-app@w3.org" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
In his recent comments[1] on Part1, Noah raised the following
issue : "[NRM12] We can’t keep applications from requiring
validation for their own content.  How can we keep applications
from supplying defaults for their own purposes? We even do it for
our own attributes."

Therefore, SOAP REQUIRES that all attribute information items,
whether specified in this specification or whether they belong to
a foreign namespace be caried in the serialized SOAP envelope.

<proposal author="Noah">
Except where this specification mandates a default value for an
attribute, SOAP messages must carry explicit values for all
attribute information items required by this recommendation.