New issue

From: Jean-Jacques Moreau <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 17:11:47 +0100
To: "xml-dist-app@w3.org" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
In his recent comments[1] on Part1, Noah raised the following
issue : "[NRM12] We can’t keep applications from requiring
validation for their own content.  How can we keep applications
from supplying defaults for their own purposes? We even do it for
our own attributes."

<quote>
Therefore, SOAP REQUIRES that all attribute information items,
whether specified in this specification or whether they belong to
a foreign namespace be caried in the serialized SOAP envelope.
</quote>

<proposal author="Noah">
Except where this specification mandates a default value for an
attribute, SOAP messages must carry explicit values for all
attribute information items required by this recommendation.
</proposal>

Jean-Jacques.

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-xml-protocol-wg/2002Feb/att-0156/01-Framework_with_comments.htm#_msocom_12