Draft Resolution for Issue 41

From: <amr.f.yassin@philips.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 13:33:45 -0600
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org

I was assigned to write down a proposal to resolve issue 41.

The target (program, service or object) URI (TBD) is not mentioned in any
normative way in the SOAP envelope. While this does not conflict with the
requirements, I believe it's an important (and possibly debatable)
decision. This decision precludes sending an RPC invocation through an
intermediary that uses different protocol bindings for sending and
receiving XP messages. [1]

I propose to close this issue since it was addressed in Part 1 section 2.1
and 2.2

A SOAP node can be the initial SOAP sender, the ultimate SOAP receiver, or
a SOAP intermediary, in which case it is both a SOAP sender and a SOAP
A SOAP node MUST be identified by a URI

In processing a SOAP message, a SOAP node is said to act in one or more
SOAP roles, each of which is identified by a URI known as the SOAP role

Amr Yassin      <amr.f.yassin@philips.com>
Research Member