Draft Resolution for Issue 41

From: <amr.f.yassin@philips.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 13:33:45 -0600
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org
Hi,

I was assigned to write down a proposal to resolve issue 41.

<Issue_41>
The target (program, service or object) URI (TBD) is not mentioned in any
normative way in the SOAP envelope. While this does not conflict with the
requirements, I believe it's an important (and possibly debatable)
decision. This decision precludes sending an RPC invocation through an
intermediary that uses different protocol bindings for sending and
receiving XP messages. [1]
</Issue_41>

Proposal:

I propose to close this issue since it was addressed in Part 1 section 2.1
and 2.2

<Sec_2.1>
A SOAP node can be the initial SOAP sender, the ultimate SOAP receiver, or
a SOAP intermediary, in which case it is both a SOAP sender and a SOAP
receiver.
A SOAP node MUST be identified by a URI
</Sec_2.1>

<Sec_2.2>
In processing a SOAP message, a SOAP node is said to act in one or more
SOAP roles, each of which is identified by a URI known as the SOAP role
name.
</Sec_2.2>

Amr Yassin      <amr.f.yassin@philips.com>
Research Member